Lane is a business litigator and trial lawyer. His practice is focused primarily on business and real estate issues, including title insurance litigation and claims. Lane has handled numerous disputes involving real estate transactions, complex title issues, business relationships and contracts, fraud and forgery, mortgage foreclosure and special asset recovery. He has represented businesses of all kinds, banks, title insurance underwriters and agents, real estate brokers, developers and individuals. Lane is an active member of the title insurance litigation community, has spoken at numerous industry events and is a Vice-Chair of the American Bar Association TIPS Title Insurance Litigation Committee. Lane grew up in South Florida and graduated from Florida State University. He received his law degree from The George Washington University Law School.
- Complex Real Estate and Title Issues – Representation of title insurers and insureds in policy and closing protection letter litigation and claims.
- Fraud and Forgery – Representation of title insurance underwriters, banks and other businesses in matters involving fraud and forgery in real estate and business transactions.
- Business Litigation – Representation of individuals and businesses of all kinds in business, real estate and other disputes.
- Business Transactions – Representation of businesses in business and corporate transactions.
- Outside General Counsel – Representation of businesses as outside general counsel to advise and consult on general legal and business matters.
- Successfully defended title insurer from multi-million dollar liability at trial.
- Secured summary judgment for bank in complex real estate and title insurance matter.
- Negotiated favorable settlements in hotly contested cases involving business and real estate matters.
- Resolved numerous commercial disputes involving complex real estate and title issues, fraud and forgery, contracts, mortgage foreclosure, condominium contract rescission, broker commission issues, injunctive relief, special asset recovery and bankruptcy.
- Represented regional business in expanding operations and establishment of new business locations.
- Speaker, “The Cases You Can’t Win: A Guide to Practical Claims Handling,” American Bar Association, Title Insurance Litigation Committee, 2016
- Speaker, “Corrective Statutes and Corrective Actions: A Case Study on the Application of Florida’s Marketable Record Title Act,” The Fund Affiliate Assembly, 2015
- Speaker, “The Cases You Can’t Win: A Case Study in Practical Claims Handling,” Florida Land Title Association, Claims Roundtable, 2014
- Speaker, “Foreclosure: The Grim Game Revealed,” Keller Williams Real Estate, 2009
- • Speaker, “Condominium Contracts: The Escape Artist’s Perspective,” Keller Williams Real Estate, 2008
Awards & Recognitions
- Listed, “Rising Star,” Florida Super Lawyers magazine, 2009, 2014, 2016